CMH is a combination of two corporate entities: Citizens Memorial Hospital District (a public hospital district established in 1978) and Citizens Memorial Health Care Foundation (a 501(c)3 foundation established in 1986).
Together, they operate a rural integrated delivery system. CMH serves an eight-county area in southwest Missouri with a population of 100,000+. Citizens Memorial Hospital opened its doors on September 28, 1982. The Hospital also includes the CMH Clinic system and provides the following services:
- Acute care. 86-beds including Medical/Surgical, Intensive Care Unit, Telemetry, Birthing Unit (The Birth Place), Heart Center, and Geriatric Psychiatry and a full complement of Outpatient Services. A new STEMI Center was added in February 2014. CMH is a sole community provider hospital.
- Emergency Services. Level III Trauma Center and ambulance services for three counties (Cedar, Polk, and Hickory).
- Ambulatory Care. 32 Physician Offices, 11 of which are certified Rural Health Clinics.
Citizens Memorial Health Care Foundation was established to assist the Hospital with future growth and operates the following services:
- Long Term Care. 6 Long-Term Care Facilities with a total of 727 beds, 1 residential care facility, 1 assisted living facility, and 5 independent living communities for seniors.
- Home Care Services. Home Care, Hospice (also Palliative Care), Home Medical Equipment, Health Transit and Homemaker Plus.
CMH implemented an electronic health record system in 2003 specifically to integrate across the continuum of services provided. The vision of the system is to allow a patient to enter anywhere into the CMH continuum of care and have a personal identity that is maintained across that continuum. In 2009, CMH added the patient portal (MyChart) and immediately made available all provider notes from the CMH Clinics. Today, that system has grown to include notes from inpatient, outpatient and emergency department services as well as lab results. All data shared is shared back as far as possible within the EHR system.
To find out more about CMH MyChart click here.