Bringing open notes to a broad variety of patients in New York State
Measuring Performance of OpenNotes Initiatives to Target Improvement Efforts NEJM Catalyst (2019)
The NYSHealth Foundation
True consumer empowerment begins when patients have access to the information they need to talk to their health care providers, share information, and develop a trusted relationship.
Since 2016, the NYSHealth Foundation has supported efforts to expand open notes throughout New York state, including at geographically dispersed hospital systems.
NYSHealth awarded two grants to OpenNotes to provide technical assistance to New York-based organizations as they undertake their open notes projects.
- BronxCare Health Integrated Services System Inc.
- Care For The Homeless
- Community Health Center of Richmond, Inc.
- GHVHS Medical Group, PC
- Institute for Family Health
- Upstate Family Health Center, Inc.
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- New York Quality Care (New York-Presbyterian Hospitals)
- Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center
- Northwell Health
- NYC Health + Hospitals
- Rochester Regional Health
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Barnabas Hospital
- University of Rochester Medical Center
- Wykoff Heights Medical Center
NY State OpenNotes project team
Cait DesRoches, DrPH, Executive Director, OpenNotes, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Deb Wachenheim, MPP, Assistant Director, Research Dissemination, OpenNotes, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
The New York State Health Foundation seeks to improve the health of all New Yorkers. We are committed not only to making grants, but also to making a difference beyond our grant dollars: informing health care policy and practice, spreading effective programs that work to improve the health system, serving as a convener of health leaders across the State, and providing technical assistance to our grantees and partners.
Learn how to cite OpenNotes in your work.