Invite someone you trust to stay connected with your health using MyChart Proxy.
What is a MyChart Proxy?
With MyChart Proxy you can share important information about your health with those you trust most.
Your MyChart Proxy will be able to:
- View your diagnoses, medicines, vaccines, Visit Notes, and test results
- Request appointments and prescription refills for you
- Help you communicate with your health care team
- Share portions of your chart with other doctors and hospitals
Who can be a MyChart Proxy?
OpenNotes patients age 18 and older can appoint any adult as a MyChart Proxy.
- You get to choose who you want to be your MyChart Proxy. Pick someone you trust to help with your healthcare. Your Proxy can be a close friend, a family member, or someone who lives nearby.
- You can appoint more than one MyChart Proxy. This is helpful if someone assists in managing your health care from far away.
- MyChart is compliant with federal and state laws. Your health information is private and secure.
Set up your MyChart Proxy
You can set up your MyChart Proxy online, by phone, or in-person.
MyChart Proxy can only be granted when an adult (18 years or older) gives permission for other adults to have access to all information in their MyChart.
To grant permission for another adult to access your MyChart as a proxy, choose the correct selection below to get started:
- I have an existing MyChart Account
You can grant MyChart Proxy to another adult from within your own MyChart account. Click here to login to your MyChart account. Then fill out the form found by clicking on Settings, then Family & Friends. OpenNotes will review your request within 7 to 10 business days and then send a reply to your MyChart account.
- I do not have a MyChart Account
If you are 18 years or older, click here to fill out the Online Access Request Form to activate your MyChart account. Then, follow the steps in the "I have an existing MyChart Account" selection above.
- I only want to give permission for Proxy access
This option means you do not want a MyChart Account, but you do want to give another adult permission to have access.Click here to download and fill out the MyChart Proxy Approval 18 and Over form. After completing the form, you will need to do one of the following:
- Give the form to your doctor's office
- Mail the form to the address provided on the form, or
- Fax the form to the fax number provided on the form
Allow at least 2 weeks for processing. An activation letter will be mailed to your MyChart Proxy.
Call your doctor’s office at 555-555-5555, or the OpenNotes MyChart Help Desk at XXX-XXX-XXXX, and tell them you want to set up a MyChart Proxy.
Ask why we recommend patients learn more about MyChart and MyChart Proxy at your next medical appointment.
Proxy Access for Adults with Diminished Capacity
Authorized agents may request MyChart Proxy through a patient’s OpenNotes doctor’s office. Access cannot be requested online.