OpenNotes aims to keep you informed on what is happening with our growing movement. Stay up-to-date on the latest news, industry trends, implementation, and spread by signing up for our newsletter, or checking this page.
OpenNotes is excited to welcome our first Keane OpenNotes Scholar, Maria Hagglund, PhD. Visiting us from Sweden, she is an associate professor in health informatics and a senior lecturer in implementation science at the Uppsala MedTech Science & Innovation Centre. Her research is focused on user-centered systems that support collaboration and patient empowerment.
Embracing the new age of transparency: mental health patients reading their psychotherapy notes online, Steve O’Neill, Journal of Mental Health
Tools & Resources
We were deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Steven Keating, PhD. The OpenNotes team was lucky to be a small part of Steven’s advocacy for patients gaining access to their own health information. He is an inspiration to us all. Learn more about Dr. Keating’s legacy on the MIT Media Lab website.
What We’re Saying
- Take Control of Your Care When You’re Seriously Sick, Liz Salmi on NPR Life Kit Podcast
- 40 Million Patients Strong: Dr. Tom Delbanco on Success of OpenNotes, Conversations on Healthcare
- Discussions on innovation, value highlight at the AHA executive forum, American Hospital Association
What We’re Reading
- Perspective: Updating HIPAA for the electronic medical record era, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association
- Questions arise over how federal rules for health care apps will affect pediatric patients, American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
What People Are Saying About Us
- May I Take Your Order? Choices made by patients generate conversations and catalyze actions that could reshape health care, Harvard Medicine (HMS) Magazine
- Focused on transparency, Clinical Center expands patient access to medical record notes, NIH
- Here’s Why You Should Always Ask to See Your Doctor’s Notes: Seeing what your physician wrote can affect how you view your health, Healthline
- Patients Say Access To Visit Notes Is Important In Maintaining Their Health, Healthcare IT Today
- Open Notes hits 40M+ users: 3 things to know, Becker’s Health IT & CEO Report
- OpenNotes Sparks Clinician Note, Patient Data Access for 40M, Patient Engagement HIT
- OpenNotes Hits New High, with 40 Million Patients Able to Access their Notes, Healthcare Innovation