OpenNotes aims to keep you informed on what is happening with our growing movement. Stay up-to-date on the latest news, industry trends, implementation, and spread by signing up for our newsletter, or checking this page.
We are pleased to welcome Charlotte Blease, PhD as our newest Keane OpenNotes Scholar. Her background is in philosophy and interdisciplinary health research. Her work focuses on the ethics and relational benefits of note sharing, including therapeutic benefits to patients. Charlotte is also interested in how access to visit notes empowers the most vulnerable health users, including those from demographic groups at greater risk of health inequities.
New Fellowship Opportunity
New Learning Collaboratives
OpenNotes is thrilled to announce that we are establishing a number of learning collaboratives focused on specific aspects of note-sharing. The topics of focus are: pediatric/adolescent notes, mental/behavioral health notes, writing better notes, and serious advancing illness (oncology, palliative care, and other) notes. If you are interested in learning more and possibly participating in any of these groups please contact Deb Wachenheim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We’re Saying
- 5 Clinician Concerns About OpenNotes, John Santa for KevinMD
- Editorial: Patients’ access to health records, Maria Hagglund & Cait DesRoches in The BMJ
What We’re Reading
What People Are Saying About Us
- Opinion: It’s Your Right to See Your Medical Records. It Shouldn’t Be This Hard To Do, NPR
- Could greater transparency in mental health care aid recovery? CareKnowledge
- OpenNotes gives patients full access to clinician notes, VUMC Reporter
- OpenNotes Helps Physicians Work on Writing Better Notes, Healthcare Innovation
- Measuring Performance of OpenNotes Initiatives to Target Iprovement Efforts, NEJM Catalyst
Where We’re Going To Be
- “Panel – Flipping Clinical Documentation on its Head”, 3:30PM – 5:00PM
- Keynote panel: Are you listening? Prioritizing the patient voice in healthcare, 12:15PM – 2:00PM
- Transparency Moves: How Well Are Policies of Greater Openness Serving Hospitals – and Patients?, 4:15PM – 5:30PM
- Databases and EHRs, 10:00AM – 11:45AM